Re: [FJGRailroad] caboose #2

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 20, 2004
      Thats the place I was thinking of.

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 20, 2004
        Will,

        Can I get a scan of that picture? I'd love to see an FJ&G caboose
        Coupled to a Rutland van!

        I have a photo that shows FJG caboose #2 on a northbound Rutland
        freight at New Haven Vermont. It is the last car in the train
        followed by Rutland caboose #43. Late 1950's.
        Anyone know where #2 was heading?
        Will Davis

        Visit Gino's Railpage at
        http://www.ginosrailpage.com
        http://fjgrr.org
        http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/ Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
        http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit The NERAIL North American Photo
        Archive at http://naphotos.nerail.org/
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • andrewsfusco
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 23, 2004
          RailCity auctioned off most of its
          assets (motive power and rolling stock) in
          an estate auction in the early 1990s.
          The auction received much publicity in
          the Syracuse Post-Standard newspaper and
          one of the stories featured much info on ex-
          FJG #2's sale. As I recall (I didn't save the
          clipping), the caboose brought far more
          bidder interest and money than expected.
          Because the thing was in deplorable condition,
          railbirds figured it would go for a song. But
          the bidding was brisk. The story speculated
          that the unanticipated interest was due to the
          rarity of an 8-wheel bobber. However, the
          successful bidder, an unidentified private
          collector from Connecticut, was quoted as saying
          he bid so high because he already owned #2's
          sister unit. Now whether that meant
          he already had 4-wheel FJG #1, or meant that he
          already owned some other 8-wheeler which has some
          construction lineage tied to #2, is an unsolved
          mystery not explained in the story. My guess?
          Just like #3 is alive and well in Honesdale, Pa.,
          I'd bet #2 and #1 are resting well in Conn.
          RailCity still operates in Northern
          Oswego County near Sandy Creek. Today, however,
          its just a museum house and a couple of barns
          full on momentos. In its heyday in the '70s, it
          was a full-scale rail-ride themepark.---Andy Fusco

          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "joseph Klapkowski" <
          riverlinejoe@h...> wrote:

          > Thats the place I was thinking of.
          >
          > >From: "paul larner" <pklarner@h...>
          > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          > >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] caboose #2
          > >Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:47:19 -0400
          > >
          > >Joe, if we're thinking of the same place they had the bobber,
          caboose No.
          > >1.
          > > I recall it was called Rail City, wasn't it near or at Sandy
          Creek, NY?

          > >PKL
          > >

          > > >From: "joseph Klapkowski" <riverlinejoe@h...>
          > > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          > > >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] caboose #2
          > > >Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 00:23:39 +0000
          > > >
          > > >I think that Train Town USA was the operation up north near
          Alexandria
          > >Bay.

          Burlington and
          > >was

          > >Rutland

          > > >Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!
          > > >http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/
          > > >

          > > >Visit Gino's Railpage at
          > > >http://www.ginosrailpage.com and http://fjgrr.org
          > > >Visit The Greater Capital District Railfan Assocation at
          > > >http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
          > > >Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
          > > >http://www.lostlandmarks.org
          > > >Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New
          York State
          > >at
          > > >http://ny.existingstations.com/
          > > >Yahoo! Groups Links
          > > >

          > >Visit Gino's Railpage at
          > >http://www.ginosrailpage.com and http://fjgrr.org
          > >Visit The Greater Capital District Railfan Assocation at
          > >http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
          > >Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
          > >http://www.lostlandmarks.org
          > >Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York
          State at
          > >http://ny.existingstations.com/
          > >Yahoo! Groups Links

          > Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today -
          it's FREE!
          > hthttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/
        • Charles Woolever
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
            So can anyone summarize where the remaining FJ&G cabooses are?

            Charles