RE: [FJGRailroad] caboose #2

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 19, 2004
      No. 2 was displayed at the Shelburn Museum in Shelburne VT for a number of
      years. Rumor has it on the east side of the state today, south of St.
      Johnsbury in a private collection.

      PKL

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 19, 2004
        I think that Train Town USA was the operation up north near Alexandria Bay.

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 19, 2004
          Joe, if we're thinking of the same place they had the bobber, caboose No. 1.
          I recall it was called Rail City, wasn't it near or at Sandy Creek, NY?

          PKL

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 20, 2004
            Thats the place I was thinking of.

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 20, 2004
              Will,

              Can I get a scan of that picture? I'd love to see an FJ&G caboose
              Coupled to a Rutland van!

              I have a photo that shows FJG caboose #2 on a northbound Rutland
              freight at New Haven Vermont. It is the last car in the train
              followed by Rutland caboose #43. Late 1950's.
              Anyone know where #2 was heading?
              Will Davis

              Visit Gino's Railpage at
              http://www.ginosrailpage.com
              http://fjgrr.org
              http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/ Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
              http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit The NERAIL North American Photo
              Archive at http://naphotos.nerail.org/
              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • andrewsfusco
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 23, 2004
                RailCity auctioned off most of its
                assets (motive power and rolling stock) in
                an estate auction in the early 1990s.
                The auction received much publicity in
                the Syracuse Post-Standard newspaper and
                one of the stories featured much info on ex-
                FJG #2's sale. As I recall (I didn't save the
                clipping), the caboose brought far more
                bidder interest and money than expected.
                Because the thing was in deplorable condition,
                railbirds figured it would go for a song. But
                the bidding was brisk. The story speculated
                that the unanticipated interest was due to the
                rarity of an 8-wheel bobber. However, the
                successful bidder, an unidentified private
                collector from Connecticut, was quoted as saying
                he bid so high because he already owned #2's
                sister unit. Now whether that meant
                he already had 4-wheel FJG #1, or meant that he
                already owned some other 8-wheeler which has some
                construction lineage tied to #2, is an unsolved
                mystery not explained in the story. My guess?
                Just like #3 is alive and well in Honesdale, Pa.,
                I'd bet #2 and #1 are resting well in Conn.
                RailCity still operates in Northern
                Oswego County near Sandy Creek. Today, however,
                its just a museum house and a couple of barns
                full on momentos. In its heyday in the '70s, it
                was a full-scale rail-ride themepark.---Andy Fusco

                --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "joseph Klapkowski" <
                riverlinejoe@h...> wrote:

                > Thats the place I was thinking of.
                >
                > >From: "paul larner" <pklarner@h...>
                > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] caboose #2
                > >Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:47:19 -0400
                > >
                > >Joe, if we're thinking of the same place they had the bobber,
                caboose No.
                > >1.
                > > I recall it was called Rail City, wasn't it near or at Sandy
                Creek, NY?

                > >PKL
                > >

                > > >From: "joseph Klapkowski" <riverlinejoe@h...>
                > > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                > > >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] caboose #2
                > > >Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 00:23:39 +0000
                > > >
                > > >I think that Train Town USA was the operation up north near
                Alexandria
                > >Bay.

                Burlington and
                > >was

                > >Rutland

                > > >Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!
                > > >http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/
                > > >

                > > >Visit Gino's Railpage at
                > > >http://www.ginosrailpage.com and http://fjgrr.org
                > > >Visit The Greater Capital District Railfan Assocation at
                > > >http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
                > > >Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                > > >http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                > > >Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New
                York State
                > >at
                > > >http://ny.existingstations.com/
                > > >Yahoo! Groups Links
                > > >

                > >Visit Gino's Railpage at
                > >http://www.ginosrailpage.com and http://fjgrr.org
                > >Visit The Greater Capital District Railfan Assocation at
                > >http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
                > >Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                > >http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                > >Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York
                State at
                > >http://ny.existingstations.com/
                > >Yahoo! Groups Links

                > Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today -
                it's FREE!
                > hthttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/
              • Charles Woolever
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 1, 2004
                  So can anyone summarize where the remaining FJ&G cabooses are?

                  Charles