RE: [FJGRailroad] A Sad Day!!!!!!

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 16, 2004
      Steve, I am not sure whaat you plan to do with the layout you created as for
      recycling. May I suggest you contact the city of Gloversville historian. I
      think it would be a fine addition and perhaps tax deduction if placed in the
      box car on W. Fulton Street.

      Paul

      >From: "stevefjg30" <Klcl19@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [FJGRailroad] A Sad Day!!!!!!
      >Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:14:07 -0000
      >
      >Today September 16th.I regreat to tell the group .That my FJ&G layout
      >is being taken down.The layout gave me four years of fun and i met
      >alot of new and good freinds because of it.It never was what i had
      >wanted.I love the FJ&G but it didnt offer the operating that i was
      >looking for.I started to grow tierd of the layout and work did not
      >progress as quickly as in the begining.I treid to compensate the
      >little amount of traffic with a D&H intrechange and my Southern
      >Adirondack Railroad.I have decided to move on to a class one railroad
      >i'll be modeling the Maine Central.From Portland Me to Crawford NH.As
      >i right this all the buildings and scenery are up in Johnstown this
      >weekend i'll be taking up track,then taking down the benchwork.I'll
      >keep you posted on the progress on the new railroad.Back to work i go.
      >
      >Steve L

    • stevefjg30
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 16, 2004
        Most of the layout has to be reused on the new one.I might try to
        save the HIgh bridge Scene.It brakes my heart to do it but it wasent
        working out the way i had hoped for.I think alot had to do with very
        bad decisions in the begining and trying to fix what i did wrong
        along the way but i ran out of space.Every time i look at
        Gloversville i say ishould have done this i should have done that.It
        was getting to the point were it wasnt fun anymore.I hope to see you
        at the meeting this month.

        Steve L

        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "paul larner" <pklarner@h...>