NYC Freight Ops

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 4:58 PM
      Hi All,

      I've been trying to back date "Virtual FJ&G" from the mid '70s track
      plan that I started out with to a more 1957ish plan based on what I see
      in the photos Gino has been posting. This has lead me to believe that
      there is a problem with my Fonda trackage and makes me want to ask this
      question:

      Does anyone remember westbound freights stopping to set off or lift cars
      from the yard in Fonda having to go west of Broadway Street as seen in
      this photo:

      http://fjgrr.org/FJG_ROW/ROW-Pages/Image0.html

      ... then having to back down to the yard over the same track the FJ&G
      would use to get to the yard... the same track the FJ&G used as the
      station track?

      This crossover may have been later moved to the former location of the
      freight house in Fonda, after the NYC pulled track 3.