RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Great Shot

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14 9:53 PM
      At this time the locomotives were still being locked up at night in the
      paint shop. This is a beautiful morning shot; look at the frost on the
      ties. I have to eat some words about how nice the FJ&G kept their locos..
      The lady is showing her 27 years, and the rags on the running board!! Still
      almost brings a tear. Not just for the FJ&G but for those years and the
      times enjoyed.

      I can't remember the year but after DO took over they started leaving it out
      on occasion and a thief grabbed at least one of one locomotive's builder's
      plate. After that the loose and not so loose items were removed. I recall
      that the remining builder's plates were kept on the floor of the loco.

      Mark, were you there when this transpired? Did it happen in Gloversville or
      when the loco was down on the Richfield Springs line. Was it the 20 or the
      21's plate that was stolen? Any idea where the survivors went?

      PKL