Re: Kingsboro

  • Walt Danylak
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 10, 2004
      <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:

      Hi guys,

      Anyone know if the Kingsboro Station was used in to the 50's for the
      mixed train to Broadalbin? Any uses for the railroad after that? I
      know it was torn down in 1960...

      Gino,

      During the winter of 55-56, the YMCA sponored a round trip ride from
      Gloversville to Broadalbin. If I remember correctly the ride was
      fifty cents. I was lucky enough to be on this trip. I walked down to
      the station on Fulton Street to get the train but on the return trip
      from Broadalbin, I asked if the train could stop at the Kingsboro
      station so I could get off, my home being on East State Street. It
      did, so I consider myself the "last offical passenger" to use the
      Kingsboro station. From what I understand, the train would stop
      almost any place a paying passenger wanted it to.

      Walt