Re: Coal Houses

  • Walt Danylak
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 8, 2004
      I don't recall seeing coal delivered to the 11th Avenue coalhouse. I
      remember the whole structure being there but never with a hopper
      inside. The structure was torn down in the mid 50s but not the
      trestle. The trestle was used to unload cement for quite a while. I
      guess the cement was used for the Route 30A by-pass. The coalhouse
      siding was used all the time for box cars. My guess would be lumber
      for Kingsboro Lumber Co.

      Walt