Re: [FJGRailroad] The Tremendous Tank

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7 6:50 PM
      Hi Paul,

      Me, no, can hardly drive for more then ten minutes at a time, I'd have
      to start now to make the get together!

      Paul :-)

      paul larner wrote:
      > Paul,
      >
      > Can you get away for the weekend of August 7th. Down I 81 and east to Fonda
      > on I 90; you will enjoy it.
      >
      > PKL
    • stevefjg30
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 8 12:12 PM
        I'll give it a shot Gino

        Will go from fonda up the line.Let me know if i miss any or get any
        wrong.

        FCC Fonda north of rt5 crossing
        FCC Johnstown in yard very much like the big hose in G-Ville yard but
        smaller in length.
        State St between Washington,St I think tis was the first FCC coal
        house in J-Town,Later purchaced by Karg Brothers????
        Fort Johnson Coal,Market and Grove Streets
        Browns Coal later King Coal Perry st J-Town
        FCC house in the Gloversville yard
        The old FCC house in the west Yards I think tis was used prior to the
        them building the big coal barn.
        FCC Spring ST ??? I think this was also a FCC coal house
        Indepandent Coal Foster St Gloversville
        FCC Kingsboro on 11th ave building maybe torn down 50's anyone know
        this one?????
        Glove City Coal Kingsboro Ave
        Broadalbin Coal and Supplies Broadalbin Yard
        I Think there was a FCC coal house in Northville????????? Any one
        know abot this i would love to know.

        Most of the Tannerys recived Coal so there was alot of coal deliverd
        to privite sidings like the Merry in J-Town or Levors in G-Ville.

        Please correct me if i'am wrong with any of this.Or if i missed some
        Especially the Northville line.

        Steve L

        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
        wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > Any one know what was in the tremendous tank that was near Hill
        Street
        > south of Gloversville? It would look to be about 60' high and 50'
        in
        > diameter, next to the FJ&G main, but there does not look to be any
        > siding near it. Blue, Black, Gray?
        >
        > Also is that really one of those New England style round barns to
        the
        > right of it in this photo:
        >
        > http://www.fjgrr.org/ROW2/ROW2-Pages/Image56.html
        >
        > Paul :-)
      • Walt Danylak
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 8 3:17 PM
          I don't recall seeing coal delivered to the 11th Avenue coalhouse. I
          remember the whole structure being there but never with a hopper
          inside. The structure was torn down in the mid 50s but not the
          trestle. The trestle was used to unload cement for quite a while. I
          guess the cement was used for the Route 30A by-pass. The coalhouse
          siding was used all the time for box cars. My guess would be lumber
          for Kingsboro Lumber Co.

          Walt