Re: [FJGRailroad] The Tremendous Tank

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7, 2004
      Paul,

      Can you get away for the weekend of August 7th. Down I 81 and east to Fonda
      on I 90; you will enjoy it.

      PKL

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7, 2004
        Hi Paul,

        Me, no, can hardly drive for more then ten minutes at a time, I'd have
        to start now to make the get together!

        Paul :-)

        paul larner wrote:
        > Paul,
        >
        > Can you get away for the weekend of August 7th. Down I 81 and east to Fonda
        > on I 90; you will enjoy it.
        >
        > PKL
      • stevefjg30
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 8, 2004
          I'll give it a shot Gino

          Will go from fonda up the line.Let me know if i miss any or get any
          wrong.

          FCC Fonda north of rt5 crossing
          FCC Johnstown in yard very much like the big hose in G-Ville yard but
          smaller in length.
          State St between Washington,St I think tis was the first FCC coal
          house in J-Town,Later purchaced by Karg Brothers????
          Fort Johnson Coal,Market and Grove Streets
          Browns Coal later King Coal Perry st J-Town
          FCC house in the Gloversville yard
          The old FCC house in the west Yards I think tis was used prior to the
          them building the big coal barn.
          FCC Spring ST ??? I think this was also a FCC coal house
          Indepandent Coal Foster St Gloversville
          FCC Kingsboro on 11th ave building maybe torn down 50's anyone know
          this one?????
          Glove City Coal Kingsboro Ave
          Broadalbin Coal and Supplies Broadalbin Yard
          I Think there was a FCC coal house in Northville????????? Any one
          know abot this i would love to know.

          Most of the Tannerys recived Coal so there was alot of coal deliverd
          to privite sidings like the Merry in J-Town or Levors in G-Ville.

          Please correct me if i'am wrong with any of this.Or if i missed some
          Especially the Northville line.

          Steve L

          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
          wrote:
          > Hi All,
          >
          > Any one know what was in the tremendous tank that was near Hill
          Street
          > south of Gloversville? It would look to be about 60' high and 50'
          in
          > diameter, next to the FJ&G main, but there does not look to be any
          > siding near it. Blue, Black, Gray?
          >
          > Also is that really one of those New England style round barns to
          the
          > right of it in this photo:
          >
          > http://www.fjgrr.org/ROW2/ROW2-Pages/Image56.html
          >
          > Paul :-)
        • Walt Danylak
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 8, 2004
            I don't recall seeing coal delivered to the 11th Avenue coalhouse. I
            remember the whole structure being there but never with a hopper
            inside. The structure was torn down in the mid 50s but not the
            trestle. The trestle was used to unload cement for quite a while. I
            guess the cement was used for the Route 30A by-pass. The coalhouse
            siding was used all the time for box cars. My guess would be lumber
            for Kingsboro Lumber Co.

            Walt