Re: [FJGRailroad] The Tremendous Tank

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7, 2004
      Hi Paul,

      Please do, not being from the area these photos sure help!

      I was aware of NYMO electric but didn't know they were into gas as well.
      Thanks for the help.

      Paul :-)

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7, 2004
        Paul,

        Can you get away for the weekend of August 7th. Down I 81 and east to Fonda
        on I 90; you will enjoy it.

        PKL

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 7, 2004
          Hi Paul,

          Me, no, can hardly drive for more then ten minutes at a time, I'd have
          to start now to make the get together!

          Paul :-)

          paul larner wrote:
          > Paul,
          >
          > Can you get away for the weekend of August 7th. Down I 81 and east to Fonda
          > on I 90; you will enjoy it.
          >
          > PKL
        • stevefjg30
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 8, 2004
            I'll give it a shot Gino

            Will go from fonda up the line.Let me know if i miss any or get any
            wrong.

            FCC Fonda north of rt5 crossing
            FCC Johnstown in yard very much like the big hose in G-Ville yard but
            smaller in length.
            State St between Washington,St I think tis was the first FCC coal
            house in J-Town,Later purchaced by Karg Brothers????
            Fort Johnson Coal,Market and Grove Streets
            Browns Coal later King Coal Perry st J-Town
            FCC house in the Gloversville yard
            The old FCC house in the west Yards I think tis was used prior to the
            them building the big coal barn.
            FCC Spring ST ??? I think this was also a FCC coal house
            Indepandent Coal Foster St Gloversville
            FCC Kingsboro on 11th ave building maybe torn down 50's anyone know
            this one?????
            Glove City Coal Kingsboro Ave
            Broadalbin Coal and Supplies Broadalbin Yard
            I Think there was a FCC coal house in Northville????????? Any one
            know abot this i would love to know.

            Most of the Tannerys recived Coal so there was alot of coal deliverd
            to privite sidings like the Merry in J-Town or Levors in G-Ville.

            Please correct me if i'am wrong with any of this.Or if i missed some
            Especially the Northville line.

            Steve L

            --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
            wrote:
            > Hi All,
            >
            > Any one know what was in the tremendous tank that was near Hill
            Street
            > south of Gloversville? It would look to be about 60' high and 50'
            in
            > diameter, next to the FJ&G main, but there does not look to be any
            > siding near it. Blue, Black, Gray?
            >
            > Also is that really one of those New England style round barns to
            the
            > right of it in this photo:
            >
            > http://www.fjgrr.org/ROW2/ROW2-Pages/Image56.html
            >
            > Paul :-)
          • Walt Danylak
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 8, 2004
              I don't recall seeing coal delivered to the 11th Avenue coalhouse. I
              remember the whole structure being there but never with a hopper
              inside. The structure was torn down in the mid 50s but not the
              trestle. The trestle was used to unload cement for quite a while. I
              guess the cement was used for the Route 30A by-pass. The coalhouse
              siding was used all the time for box cars. My guess would be lumber
              for Kingsboro Lumber Co.

              Walt