Re: [FJGRailroad] The Tremendous Tank

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7, 2004
      Ok. Let me try again.

      PKL

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7, 2004
        Hi Paul,

        Please do, not being from the area these photos sure help!

        I was aware of NYMO electric but didn't know they were into gas as well.
        Thanks for the help.

        Paul :-)

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 7, 2004
          Paul,

          Can you get away for the weekend of August 7th. Down I 81 and east to Fonda
          on I 90; you will enjoy it.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 7, 2004
            Hi Paul,

            Me, no, can hardly drive for more then ten minutes at a time, I'd have
            to start now to make the get together!

            Paul :-)

            paul larner wrote:
            > Paul,
            >
            > Can you get away for the weekend of August 7th. Down I 81 and east to Fonda
            > on I 90; you will enjoy it.
            >
            > PKL
          • stevefjg30
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 8, 2004
              I'll give it a shot Gino

              Will go from fonda up the line.Let me know if i miss any or get any
              wrong.

              FCC Fonda north of rt5 crossing
              FCC Johnstown in yard very much like the big hose in G-Ville yard but
              smaller in length.
              State St between Washington,St I think tis was the first FCC coal
              house in J-Town,Later purchaced by Karg Brothers????
              Fort Johnson Coal,Market and Grove Streets
              Browns Coal later King Coal Perry st J-Town
              FCC house in the Gloversville yard
              The old FCC house in the west Yards I think tis was used prior to the
              them building the big coal barn.
              FCC Spring ST ??? I think this was also a FCC coal house
              Indepandent Coal Foster St Gloversville
              FCC Kingsboro on 11th ave building maybe torn down 50's anyone know
              this one?????
              Glove City Coal Kingsboro Ave
              Broadalbin Coal and Supplies Broadalbin Yard
              I Think there was a FCC coal house in Northville????????? Any one
              know abot this i would love to know.

              Most of the Tannerys recived Coal so there was alot of coal deliverd
              to privite sidings like the Merry in J-Town or Levors in G-Ville.

              Please correct me if i'am wrong with any of this.Or if i missed some
              Especially the Northville line.

              Steve L

              --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
              wrote:
              > Hi All,
              >
              > Any one know what was in the tremendous tank that was near Hill
              Street
              > south of Gloversville? It would look to be about 60' high and 50'
              in
              > diameter, next to the FJ&G main, but there does not look to be any
              > siding near it. Blue, Black, Gray?
              >
              > Also is that really one of those New England style round barns to
              the
              > right of it in this photo:
              >
              > http://www.fjgrr.org/ROW2/ROW2-Pages/Image56.html
              >
              > Paul :-)
            • Walt Danylak
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 8, 2004
                I don't recall seeing coal delivered to the 11th Avenue coalhouse. I
                remember the whole structure being there but never with a hopper
                inside. The structure was torn down in the mid 50s but not the
                trestle. The trestle was used to unload cement for quite a while. I
                guess the cement was used for the Route 30A by-pass. The coalhouse
                siding was used all the time for box cars. My guess would be lumber
                for Kingsboro Lumber Co.

                Walt