Virtual FJG

  • Gino DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 6, 2004
      Hi guys,

      I have posted pictures of Paul Charland's virtual FJG Cabeese to the
      Virtual FJG page.
      They look awesome! Go check them out at www.fjgrr.org

      Gino

      Visit Gino's Railpages at

      http://www.ginosrailpage.com
      http://fjgrr.org
    • Gino DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 14, 2004
        Hi guys,

        Paul Charland has been hard at work on the virtual FJ&G. I have
        exported some new pictures of the layout.
        If you'd like to see these additions, click this link...

        http://fjgrr.org/virtual/railpage43.html

        Enjoy!

        Gino

        Visit Gino's Railpages at

        http://www.ginosrailpage.com
        http://fjgrr.org
      • stevefjg30
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 15, 2004
          Paul the rairoad looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          I love Surpass Tannery Your doing a great job!!!!!

          Steve L

          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino DiCarlo <GDICARLO1@n...>

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 16, 2004
            Thanks Steve,

            Paul :-)

            stevefjg30 wrote:
            > Paul the rairoad looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            > I love Surpass Tannery Your doing a great job!!!!!
            >
            > Steve L
          • b_michael_berger
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 18, 2004
              Quite amazing - one of these days we'll probably be able to board a
              trolly or hop on #21, and take a ride down Fulton Street. I won't be
              surprised if all the store fronts are complete and accurate.

              My "new" #21 is in final painting - decals and all.

              Cheers

              Mike Berger
              (Vienna, VA)
            • Gino DiCarlo
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 18, 2004
                Mike,

                Make sure you show us the results!

                Gino

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 18, 2004
                  You have mail at your Yahoo account!

                  Paul :-)

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 18, 2004
                    Hi Mike,

                    You could do this now but it would require taking pictures of each
                    window, convert them into a texture and apply them to the 3PI structure.
                    This really increase the size of the file and reduces the frame rates.
                    Even adding windows and doors to structures eats up frame rate, I was
                    really enthusiastic when I first started drawing my own structures I
                    draw the car barn for the Springfield Terminal (electric) with full
                    framing, windows with mullions, and detailed roof trusses in the barn,
                    sucked the life out of my old video card. The layout was HO and only a
                    4 X 8' "L" shape and was down to .2 frames per second!

                    Paul :-)

                    b_michael_berger wrote:
                    > Quite amazing - one of these days we'll probably be able to board a
                    > trolly or hop on #21, and take a ride down Fulton Street. I won't be
                    > surprised if all the store fronts are complete and accurate.
                    >
                    > My "new" #21 is in final painting - decals and all.
                    >
                    > Cheers
                    >
                    > Mike Berger
                    > (Vienna, VA)
                  • b_michael_berger
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 26, 2004
                      You are right, of course - but wouldn't it be a hoot to see it. My
                      grandfather (then my uncle) owned Berger Leather - a three-story
                      building on S Fulton full of incredibly toxic chemicals. Luckily I
                      wasn't born or brought up there so I only breathed it on occasion.
                      I'm thinking of putting that name on one of the buildings on my HO
                      layout.

                      Mike
                      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
                      wrote:
                      > Hi Mike,
                      >
                      > You could do this now but it would require taking pictures of each
                      > window, convert them into a texture and apply them to the 3PI
                      structure.
                      > This really increase the size of the file and reduces the frame
                      rates.
                      > Even adding windows and doors to structures eats up frame rate, I
                      was
                      > really enthusiastic when I first started drawing my own structures
                      > draw the car barn for the Springfield Terminal (electric) with full
                      > framing, windows with mullions, and detailed roof trusses in the
                      barn,
                      > sucked the life out of my old video card. The layout was HO and
                      only a
                      > 4 X 8' "L" shape and was down to .2 frames per second!
                      >
                      > Paul :-)
                      >
                      > b_michael_berger wrote:
                      > > Quite amazing - one of these days we'll probably be able to board
                      > > trolly or hop on #21, and take a ride down Fulton Street. I won't
                      be
                      > > surprised if all the store fronts are complete and accurate.
                      > >
                      > > My "new" #21 is in final painting - decals and all.
                      > >
                      > > Cheers
                      > >
                      > > Mike Berger
                      > > (Vienna, VA)
                    • b_michael_berger
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 26, 2004
                        Will do - hope to pick it up in the next week or so.