STA600+00 Arterial Team Track

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
      Re:
      STA600+00 Arterial Team Track

      I think this is the siding put in when Rt. 30A was built in the Mid Fifties. Cement hoppers came in and were loaded into a storage bin that serviced the mixer. The ready mix was then loaded into trucks that would go to the current job site. The original 30A (then Rt. 147) was a concrete slab that was rough finished and then topped with asphalt. I don't know if this track served any other purpose. This was west of the highway and is not the spur that serviced Mohawk Cabinet.

      Saul
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
        Saul, That's correct. The Mohawk Cabinet switch was picked up on the
        southbound side at sta 612.98. Pipe and poles were unloaded on this track
        at one time or another, hence I termed it Arterial Team track. The station
        numbers are from the NYC connection. The line east of Broadalbin Junction
        uses the Gloversville and Broadalbin chaining.

        PKL