ID These Please!

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2004
      Hi All,

      I'm starting to draw Johnstown today and while back dating the track
      from the mid '70s to the late '50s I've come across two structures that
      were served but have no idea what they were. They appeared in the
      northbound photos that Gino posted.

      The first is at the left of this shot with a CPR boxcar in the siding,
      the shot is labeled "STA337+62 Jtown W Fulton Street":

      http://fjgrr.org/ROW/ROW-Pages/Image55.html

      The second shot is right across the tracks from the one above, where the
      Wabash car is spotted. Can't really see much of the place from any of
      the photos but I'm hoping someone will recognize the location and who
      was using it back in the late '50s:

      http://fjgrr.org/ROW/ROW-Pages/Image56.html

      Thanks for the help.

      Paul :-)
    • stevefjg30
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1 10:50 AM
        Hi Paul the first photo is IGA foods the building was built in thmid
        to late 50"s I think there is two to three unloading doors there.I
        built it with two.The second is a short siding looking at the
        valuation map there is no siding then so i would think it was put in
        the 40's or 50's it ran up to W Canal st.I think Coal was unloaded
        here and boxcars for one of the off line tannerys thats just a
        guess.I have better photos of the location and the siding i'll try to
        post them for you.

        Steve

        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>