RE: [FJGRailroad] Virtual FJG

    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 12, 2004
      Does the Winooski Sub. have the ten mile an hour slow orders or can you run
      it a the advertised 25 mph? Does the simulation consider the grade?

      PKL

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 13, 2004
        Hi Paul,

        The line does have the grade and I've never had a car go on the floor
        when running at 25 mph!

        No... the program is a tool to draw layouts and not a simulator like the
        MicroSoft program so it make no difference to 3PI if you are running up
        a grade or on level track... but... the throttle is calibrated and shows
        the speed you are traveling, so you can observe speed limits and
        restrictions.

        Paul :-)

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 25, 2004
          Hi guys,

          Progress shots of Paul Charland's Virtual-FJG Layout have been posted to FJGRR.org.
          There's a great shot of the High Bridge and of the 340 at Fonda Station. Go check them
          out...

          Gino

          Gino DiCarlo
          Imaging

          Quad/Imaging
          A Division of Quad/Graphics

          Saratoga Springs, New York

          518-581-4276 phone
          gino.dicarlo@...
          www.QG.com
        • Gino DiCarlo
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 6, 2004
            Hi guys,

            I have posted pictures of Paul Charland's virtual FJG Cabeese to the
            Virtual FJG page.
            They look awesome! Go check them out at www.fjgrr.org

            Gino

            Visit Gino's Railpages at

            http://www.ginosrailpage.com
            http://fjgrr.org
          • Gino DiCarlo
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 14, 2004
              Hi guys,

              Paul Charland has been hard at work on the virtual FJ&G. I have
              exported some new pictures of the layout.
              If you'd like to see these additions, click this link...

              http://fjgrr.org/virtual/railpage43.html

              Enjoy!

              Gino

              Visit Gino's Railpages at

              http://www.ginosrailpage.com
              http://fjgrr.org
            • stevefjg30
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 15, 2004
                Paul the rairoad looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                I love Surpass Tannery Your doing a great job!!!!!

                Steve L

                --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino DiCarlo <GDICARLO1@n...>

                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 16, 2004
                  Thanks Steve,

                  Paul :-)

                  stevefjg30 wrote:
                  > Paul the rairoad looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  > I love Surpass Tannery Your doing a great job!!!!!
                  >
                  > Steve L
                • b_michael_berger
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 18, 2004
                    Quite amazing - one of these days we'll probably be able to board a
                    trolly or hop on #21, and take a ride down Fulton Street. I won't be
                    surprised if all the store fronts are complete and accurate.

                    My "new" #21 is in final painting - decals and all.

                    Cheers

                    Mike Berger
                    (Vienna, VA)
                  • Gino DiCarlo
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 18, 2004
                      Mike,

                      Make sure you show us the results!

                      Gino

                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 18, 2004
                        You have mail at your Yahoo account!

                        Paul :-)

                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 18, 2004
                          Hi Mike,

                          You could do this now but it would require taking pictures of each
                          window, convert them into a texture and apply them to the 3PI structure.
                          This really increase the size of the file and reduces the frame rates.
                          Even adding windows and doors to structures eats up frame rate, I was
                          really enthusiastic when I first started drawing my own structures I
                          draw the car barn for the Springfield Terminal (electric) with full
                          framing, windows with mullions, and detailed roof trusses in the barn,
                          sucked the life out of my old video card. The layout was HO and only a
                          4 X 8' "L" shape and was down to .2 frames per second!

                          Paul :-)

                          b_michael_berger wrote:
                          > Quite amazing - one of these days we'll probably be able to board a
                          > trolly or hop on #21, and take a ride down Fulton Street. I won't be
                          > surprised if all the store fronts are complete and accurate.
                          >
                          > My "new" #21 is in final painting - decals and all.
                          >
                          > Cheers
                          >
                          > Mike Berger
                          > (Vienna, VA)
                        • b_michael_berger
                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 26, 2004
                            You are right, of course - but wouldn't it be a hoot to see it. My
                            grandfather (then my uncle) owned Berger Leather - a three-story
                            building on S Fulton full of incredibly toxic chemicals. Luckily I
                            wasn't born or brought up there so I only breathed it on occasion.
                            I'm thinking of putting that name on one of the buildings on my HO
                            layout.

                            Mike
                            --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
                            wrote:
                            > Hi Mike,
                            >
                            > You could do this now but it would require taking pictures of each
                            > window, convert them into a texture and apply them to the 3PI
                            structure.
                            > This really increase the size of the file and reduces the frame
                            rates.
                            > Even adding windows and doors to structures eats up frame rate, I
                            was
                            > really enthusiastic when I first started drawing my own structures
                            > draw the car barn for the Springfield Terminal (electric) with full
                            > framing, windows with mullions, and detailed roof trusses in the
                            barn,
                            > sucked the life out of my old video card. The layout was HO and
                            only a
                            > 4 X 8' "L" shape and was down to .2 frames per second!
                            >
                            > Paul :-)
                            >
                            > b_michael_berger wrote:
                            > > Quite amazing - one of these days we'll probably be able to board
                            > > trolly or hop on #21, and take a ride down Fulton Street. I won't
                            be
                            > > surprised if all the store fronts are complete and accurate.
                            > >
                            > > My "new" #21 is in final painting - decals and all.
                            > >
                            > > Cheers
                            > >
                            > > Mike Berger
                            > > (Vienna, VA)
                          • b_michael_berger
                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 26, 2004
                              Will do - hope to pick it up in the next week or so.