Re: Two Fonda Questions

  • Glenn J. Williams
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 9, 2004
      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Glenn,
      >
      > Should take along prints of the Fonda
      > photos and see if there is anything
      > left from 15 years ago!
      >
      > Paul :-)

      Paul,

      PKL always brings loose-leaf binders full of pictures of how things
      were Back In The Day, which never fails to grab my attention.

      The FJ&G has to have been one of the most photographed short lines
      around. From what I can determine, it was mostly by the locals,
      too. I've always wondered what the percentage of amateur to
      professional shots was.

      Glenn
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 9, 2004
        Hi Glenn,

        I truly think you are right, for such a small line it is very well
        documented and photographed. When I first got on the internet five
        years ago I looked around for some of my favorite railroads, the CV,
        LVRC, VTR, and the FJ&G. After hitting dead ends for the first three I
        was shocked to find Gino's FJ&G site with loads of photos and
        information. I couldn't find a single shot of the LVRC and not much
        more on what I would have thought to be more common roads like the CV
        and VTR.

        Paul :-)

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 9, 2004
          Yes, that is the platform in front of the freight house. Sorry to be late
          responding but just arrived back from Boston.

          PKL

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 10, 2004
            I think we really have to give a hats off to Gino for that!

            >From: Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>
            >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Two Fonda Questions
            >Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:48:17 -0400
            >
            >Hi Glenn,
            >
            >I truly think you are right, for such a small line it is very well
            >documented and photographed. When I first got on the internet five
            >years ago I looked around for some of my favorite railroads, the CV,
            >LVRC, VTR, and the FJ&G. After hitting dead ends for the first three I
            >was shocked to find Gino's FJ&G site with loads of photos and
            >information. I couldn't find a single shot of the LVRC and not much
            >more on what I would have thought to be more common roads like the CV
            >and VTR.
            >
            >Paul :-)
            >
            >Glenn J. Williams wrote:
            >
            > > Paul,
            > >
            > > PKL always brings loose-leaf binders full of pictures of how things
            > > were Back In The Day, which never fails to grab my attention.
            > >
            > > The FJ&G has to have been one of the most photographed short lines
            > > around. From what I can determine, it was mostly by the locals,
            > > too. I've always wondered what the percentage of amateur to
            > > professional shots was.
            > >
            > > Glenn

            a trip to NY