Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Two Fonda Questions

    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 8, 2004
      Hi Glenn,

      Should take along prints of the Fonda photos and see if there is
      anything left from 15 years ago!

      Paul :-)

      Glenn J. Williams wrote:

      > Ain't railroad archeology fun?
      >
      > At last year's Get Together, we wandered through Amsterdam, trying to
      > recreate - in our mind's eye, if nothing else - what the Electric
      > Division looked like back in the days of King Arthur. All of a
      > sudden, all those old postcards and pictures took on a completely
      > different context.
      >
      > And we get to do it all again, this August, in Fonda! Street
      > reconstruction on NY 5 and Cayadutta Street has been completed, so we
      > won't be dodging heavy equipment. . .
      >
      > Glenn
    • Glenn J. Williams
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 9, 2004
        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
        wrote:
        > Hi Glenn,
        >
        > Should take along prints of the Fonda
        > photos and see if there is anything
        > left from 15 years ago!
        >
        > Paul :-)

        Paul,

        PKL always brings loose-leaf binders full of pictures of how things
        were Back In The Day, which never fails to grab my attention.

        The FJ&G has to have been one of the most photographed short lines
        around. From what I can determine, it was mostly by the locals,
        too. I've always wondered what the percentage of amateur to
        professional shots was.

        Glenn
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 9, 2004
          Hi Glenn,

          I truly think you are right, for such a small line it is very well
          documented and photographed. When I first got on the internet five
          years ago I looked around for some of my favorite railroads, the CV,
          LVRC, VTR, and the FJ&G. After hitting dead ends for the first three I
          was shocked to find Gino's FJ&G site with loads of photos and
          information. I couldn't find a single shot of the LVRC and not much
          more on what I would have thought to be more common roads like the CV
          and VTR.

          Paul :-)

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 9, 2004
            Yes, that is the platform in front of the freight house. Sorry to be late
            responding but just arrived back from Boston.

            PKL

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 10, 2004
              I think we really have to give a hats off to Gino for that!

              >From: Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>
              >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Two Fonda Questions
              >Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 13:48:17 -0400
              >
              >Hi Glenn,
              >
              >I truly think you are right, for such a small line it is very well
              >documented and photographed. When I first got on the internet five
              >years ago I looked around for some of my favorite railroads, the CV,
              >LVRC, VTR, and the FJ&G. After hitting dead ends for the first three I
              >was shocked to find Gino's FJ&G site with loads of photos and
              >information. I couldn't find a single shot of the LVRC and not much
              >more on what I would have thought to be more common roads like the CV
              >and VTR.
              >
              >Paul :-)
              >
              >Glenn J. Williams wrote:
              >
              > > Paul,
              > >
              > > PKL always brings loose-leaf binders full of pictures of how things
              > > were Back In The Day, which never fails to grab my attention.
              > >
              > > The FJ&G has to have been one of the most photographed short lines
              > > around. From what I can determine, it was mostly by the locals,
              > > too. I've always wondered what the percentage of amateur to
              > > professional shots was.
              > >
              > > Glenn

              a trip to NY