Re: [FJGRailroad] North Creek Line

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6 9:49 PM
      That is the line being opened up by the new scenic rr group. We are talking
      about the same line but at the location in Saratoga which was abandoned from
      the downtown origination to a point now called CPC 38 at about the location
      where the original line went across the location of the rerouted D&H. Maybe
      a mile or slightly more of track was abandoned. The rest of the line still
      has rail on it up to Tahawas, though I wouldn't be surprised there are a
      tree or two in the way, north of North Creek, where the base of operation of
      the scenic line is at present.

      I've turned both the tables at Fonda and Broadalbin, with nothing on them.
      My understanding was that a balanced locomotive could be turned easily by
      two men. Proper greasing would help I'm sure. The table in Gloversville had
      a small air operated motor to turn it and I believe it too would
      occassionally be turned by hand when compressed air wasn't available.

      PKL