9953Re: HO model for FJG bus

  • stevefjg30
    May 5, 2004
      Just returned from the hobby shop and picked up the bus it's a 1934
      Ford 21 passenger bus it looks pretty close to the picture of #42 on
      the second to last page of Steam and Trolly Days can enyone tell me
      what color the busses were at least this one i'am still going to do
      it in FJ&G,close enough works for me when it comes to the busses.

      Steve Lamora.

      PS Gino i had Paul order two more if you want one let me know i'll
      get it for you i'll probebly get one more
      myself

      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Walt Danylak"
      <waltdanylak@c...> wrote:
      > While the model of the Ford bus does look like the early FJ&G
      buses,
      > none of the early, prior to the 1930s, were from Ford. All the
      early
      > buses were puchased from Mack. When the electric division was
      > abandoned, most of the replacement buses were purchased from Yellow
      > (GMC?). Later on the FJ&G purchased some buses from Ford and again
      > from Mack. The Ford buses were the ones that were used on the Belt
      > Line during the 1950s and later sold to Mohawk Valley Transit.
      >
      > Walt
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic