9639Re: Ex-PC/FJG boxcars

  • andrewsfusco
    Feb 29, 2004
      Leave it up to the 2 Marks here to come up with not only great
      answers,
      but greater follow up questions. After work Friday I went back up to
      Geneva to try to get some more details for ya all, like journal type,
      builder date, orginal PC serial number. Alas, I was too late and it
      was gone to who knows where.

      Down in Cooperstown Junction there's a string of out-of-service baby
      blue St. Lawrence box cars. Do they have any ex-DO connection?

      And what is "Berlin Mills."----Andy Fusco

      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <mark_jacob2000@y...>
      wrote:
      > That may be, I always was under the impression they were rebuilds.
      In

      <waltdanylak@c...>
      > wrote:
      > > --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Mark" <mark_jacob2000@y...>
      > > wrote:
      > > ... even the 50 footers were actually strecthed 40 footers done
      by
      > > PC in the late 60s/early 70s from cars built in the 40s and 50s.
      > >
      > > For some reason everybody seems to think that the 50' box cars
      the
      > > FJ&G had were rebuilt by PC from 40' cars. They were not, they
      were
      > > built new by the NYC as 50' cars in 1954, 72000 series. The
      "FJ&G"
      > > box car in Gloversville still has the NYC markings inside. Its
      NYC
      > > number was 72048.
      > >
      > > Walt
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic