9233Re: FJ&G Photos

  • Walt Danylak
    Nov 24, 2003
      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "joseph Klapkowski"
      <riverlinejoe@h...> wrote:
      I did not know the FJ&G sent thier engine to Colonie. What were the
      circumstances ?

      I don't know for sure why either 20 or 21 was sent to Colonie. The
      1962 Annual Report states that major repairs were done on one of the
      locomotives. The FJ&G had a relationship with the D&H, purchased a
      caboose and flanger from them, so maybe when major work was needed on
      a locomotive, they chose the D&H rather than the NYC. At this point
      in time, D&H's roster was 100% Alco. Why the locomotive wasn't sent
      directly to Alco for repairs, I don't know, unless it was cheaper to
      use the D&H.

      Walt
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic