9231RE: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Photos

    Nov 23, 2003
      Well by the time that I was able to get to the FJ&G to ask questions, The 21
      had departed the property and I distinctly remember being told that the 21
      had simply worn out......

      >From: "paul larner" <pklarner@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Photos
      >Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 20:21:07 -0500
      >
      >Perhaps new wheels or traction motors. I remember a story of one of the
      >locomotives being sent out for repair but had to be set off a Yosts. Seems
      >they were necessarily geared for 35 mph; not a problem on the FJ&G with its
      >low maximum permissible speed and steep grade. NYC though tried to haul it
      >a bit faster. This could be the time. Probably mid to late fifties. One
      >of them was sent out in the early 60's but I can't recall where. Somewhere
      >I have photos of it being hauled back into Gloversville as part of the
      >regular train. This may have been a repair necessary after the derailment
      >behind the M&K Market in the early sixties. The 20 was never the same
      >after
      >this; I think the frame suffered some misalignment that couldn't be
      >repaired
      >economically, but didn't render the locomotive useless under its
      >circumstances.
      >
      >PKL
      >
      > >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
      > >To: "'FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com'" <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
      > >Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Photos
      > >Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:36:00 -0600
      > >
      > >Didn't they send out the S2s to have new flanges?
      > >
      > >Gino

      Is there a gadget-lover on your gift list? MSN Shopping has lined up some
      good bets! http://shopping.msn.com
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic