8438Re: [FJGRailroad] Remembering Downtown

  • Stephen G. Myers
    Dec 7, 2002
      Gino,

      It must be the snow on the ground and the Christmas lights, but at
      this time every year I remember (miss) the hustling bustling downtown
      Schenectady. My mother would drag me from store to store, the windows
      would be animated with reindeer and Santa, the sidewalks would be snowy,
      church bells and salvation Army kettles would chime out, and all the
      pretty Christmas lights would shine in the snowy evening. When I watch
      "Miracle On 34TH Street", or hear "Downtown", or "City Sidewalks" on the
      radio, I am taken back to Schenectady, New York in the 1960's.

      Steve

      .
      .
      On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 18:26:52 -0600 "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
      writes:
      > That special was great Paul!!! It did show some Albany and
      > Schenectady
      > Trolleys which was nice. I also got to see all my favorite stores
      > from
      > Downtown Schenectady. Carl's, Wallace's, Grants, Kresgis and
      > Woolworth!
      > To see the inside of Carl Company again was a treat...
      >
      > Gino

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic