8223Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: J. Ledlie Hees

    Oct 10, 2002

      Montgomery County has one of the best research resources for Mohawk Valley
      history in the state. Even the folks at the state library suggest checking
      there for information. Volkert Veeder has always been a personal source of
      knowledge. He and my father were friends for close to forty years. My
      first Little Falls and Dolgeville switch key and New York Central wax sealer
      came from Volkert.

      The largest regret I have about my present situation is that I arrived back
      home after my father passed away. He had a vast knowledge of the Valley's
      history, probably where I picked up my interest in history. It would have
      been nice to work with him as an adult.