      > [snip]
      > Something else for me to explore
      > now. I do not have a good history
      > of Montgomery County so I am unable
      > here to report on the Hees
      > lineage beyond this cursory bit.
      >
      > PKL

      Paul,

      Chat up the people in the Old Court House in Fonda, across the tracks
      from the Fonda depot site. A friend doing geneology research in the
      county swears by them.

      You may run into the Montgomery County equivalent of The Six Degrees
      of Kevin Bacon. My mother always maintained we were related to half
      the county by marriage or blood. I scoffed until she showed me the
      charts. . .

      BTW, the Six Degrees is ably described (and spoofed) by Kevin Bacon
      himself in a VISA television commercial.

      Glenn
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic