7436Re: Johnstown Tornado

  • dowens15228
    Jun 3, 2002
      The weather system that spawned the Johnstown Tornado stretched as
      far west as Illinois. A tornado or strong microburst hit Pittsburgh
      and Killed a young woman at KennyWood ( our big amusement park) when
      it toppled the pavilion roof over one of the rides. 54 were injyred,
      and some are still hopitalized.

      Power is still off to thousands of homes scools are closed in some
      areas and some roads are impassible due to fallen trees.

      We were on vacation last week at Chautauqua, and decided not to come
      home until Saturday because we were not done closing up the cottage
      for the summer-otherwise we would have been arriving in town just as
      the storm hit at 7:00 pm.

      Are we thankful or what!

      Dan Owens
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic