7433Re: [FJGRailroad] Arkville

  • Knixrule1@juno.com
    Jun 3, 2002
      Well, they could paint the cars red with pacemaker, or early bird
      service. It was interesting to see the FJ&G cars at Arkville, I thought
      for sure that they were all scrapped or repainted. Funny to see all
      those cast iron shoes and journal boxes after all this time. I rarely
      see or change cast iron (thank goodness) except on MEC boxes and a few
      covered hoppers that float through Selkirk. I hope to get together with
      you guys for a chat about railroading, and with Gino to chat about old
      Schenectady.

      Stephen Myers

      .
      .
      .
      .
      On Sun, 2 Jun 2002 22:44:16 -0400 (EDT) mwilber@... writes:
      > I was told by an employee that those cars were traced back to
      > original
      > owners was the New York Central.They are thinking about re-painting
      > them
      > red as the orignal color.But I begged them to re=paint them green
      > and
      > restenciled them FJG.About 90% of the cars must have been scrapped
      > by
      > now.Is was great to meet you guys and your families.I wish we could
      > of
      > visited some more,but I think everysbodys kids were getting
      > restless.I
      > missed you Steve when you stepped off the train,you got by me
      > somehow.I
      > think the Tank Engine made their money today ( $2.50 for a peanut
      > butter
      > sandwich). Mark

      > http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/