6144New Orleans (Re: trolleys to Chicago)

  • glenn_j_williams
    Jan 3, 2002
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., "Richard A. Finn" <ransjfinn@r...> wrote:

      > [snip]
      >
      > I just remembered that we will be in Naw Lens (New Orleans to us
      > Yankees) at the end of the month. People have suggested that I
      > would enjoy riding the trolleys there. Do any of you folks have any
      > suggestions?
      > [snip]
      >
      > Rich

      Rich,

      To me, the best part of my New Orleans trips was riding the Charles
      Street trolleys. There are several downtown boarding locations
      adjacent to Canal Street.

      Also, the Canal Street line is being reactivated out to Cemeteries.
      New trolleys, similar in style to the existing ones, are being
      constructed. Don't know if it is still there, but an ulta-sleek
      Czech trolley was running up and down the Canal Street line and onto
      the Riverside line when I was last there 18 months ago.

      And you *must* go to Cafe Du Monde for coffee and beignets. Wicked
      good!

      Otherwise, the Bourbon Street area is grossly overrated, particularly
      at night. Unless you don't mind drunks and unintentional 'business
      meetings' with representatives from Our Lady of the Evening, that is.

      Glenn
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic