6137Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: trolleys to Chicago

  • Richard A. Finn
    Jan 3, 2002

      Sorry Gino, all gone.

      As I said the nearest one that I know of is in the Seaside Museum.  Of course there are these motorized imitation tourist "trolleys".  There are some electric busses running in North Cambridge from Harvard Square T station.  (Well now I am not sure they are still there either.  They were there 3 years ago before I retired from MIT, and on the way home I would race them up Mt Auburn St. and try not get caught behind one at a stop.)

      I just remembered that we will be in Naw Lens (New Orleans to us Yankees) at the end of the month.  People have suggested that I would enjoy riding the trolleys there.  Do any of you folks have any suggestions?  BTW, there is a N O street car named "Desire" on exhibit at the Seaside Museum.

      Rich

      "Dicarlo, Gino" wrote:

       When I said there were trolleys in Boston, I wasn't thinking the "T."  That
      is most
      definitely "light rail."  I thought there was a classic style, street level
      trolley operating around Boston somewhere!  I've been on the "T" and enjoyed
      it!