      From: Richard A. Finn [mailto:ransjfinn@...]
      Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 2:41 PM
      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: trolleys to Chicago

      Steve
      You are correct, they aren't trolleys. In the current vernacular they are
      "Light Rail". In the case of the Green line, the cars ride on the ancient
      trolley roadbed and feed from the ancient catenary.
      There is a 1920s "woody" trolley from the old MTA at the Seaside Museum that
      was operating the day we were there. It really was fun to ride; it brought
      back some old memories of the 50s when a few were still operating in
      Beantown.
      Rich
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic