5711Re: The GTE

  • stevefjg20
    Dec 5, 2001
      Hi Gino,I looked for you at the show but couldn't find you.The
      Alldoor cars were on the D&H for about two years before they went to
      the CACV thats what i read about them maybe somebody else knows more?
      When they got to CACV they painted out the D&H sheild i have a
      picture somewere were you can see the sheild painted over.I saw Dave
      R.at the show and he sold me a great black and white picture of 20 in
      Broadalbin the picture was taken from the station platform at the
      west end, 20 had two cars and a caboose.Heading for Mohawk furniture
      great picture.

      Steve

      Walt, that picture of #9 on her way to the scrap heap is
      priceless! I
      > will try ro post her
      > soon so the group can see it! I found a couple FJG and FJG related
      slides
      > at the show! I
      > also picked up the CACV/DH Thrall Car! She looks great. Can
      anyone tell me
      > if those cars
      > came to the CACV when the D & H owned her and if the D & H logos
      were just
      > painted over
      > after they sold the line? I like the way they look, but I've never
      seen
      > them with the D & H
      > logos in any pictures! I picked up a couple of slides of S2 # 20.
      One in
      > Hoensdale and
      > another in Jersey I think! The date is 1984 on it, but no
      location. I also
      > picked up a slide
      > of LASB 102 in Maroon and Gold and of 101 in Susquehanna paint. Is
      this the
      > same 101 as
      > CNYK 101?
      >
      > Gino
      >
      > > ----------

      taken in
      > > December 1950. Missing from #9 is the number plate, builder
      plate,
      > > bell & main rod. This more or less confirms what Rand Warner's
      > > journal said about either #8 or #9 breaking down while being
      shipped
      > > to Ohio to be scrapped.
      > >
      > > This photo is available from Bob's Photo, 37 Spring Street,
      Ansonia,
      > > CT 06401, 203-734-6666. Bob does not own a computer so the only
      way
      > > to contact him is by mail or phone. He will have more copies of
      this
      > > photo at the Springfield, MA show in February.
      > >
      > > Walt
      > >

      > > Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
      > > http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

      > > http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/