4680FJ&G Picnic & Tee Shirts

  • 103424.2304@compuserve.com
    Jun 28, 2001
      Group,

      I plan on making the get-together in August. I'm currently doing two
      weeks of 24x7 on-call for others, so they owe me!

      Questions I should have raised before last night's meeting -

      Question 1: Any plans to hire a hall to show slid
      es/movies/videos/pictures on that Saturday nite? I'll kick in for
      the rent, as I'm sure others would. Those of you who have seen the
      stuff before will probably yawn a lot, but most of it will be new to
      someone. Me, at least.

      Question 1a: Anyone bringing a 35mm projector? If so, what kind of
      trays will it accept? I'm planning on bringing my slides, so I could
      bring my Kodak, which only takes Carousel trays.

      Question 2: Where and when do we meet intially on Saturday? The
      Rail Park in Gloversville? The Adirondack Park marker at Sacandaga
      Park? Randy's basement?

      Question 3: For the picnic: what about a special tee shirt
      commemorating the First Annual Meeting of the FJ&G Railroad Barbeque
      and Marching Society. The marching? Hey, we gotta walk part of the
      rail trail, don't we? My thought was to have a high-quality picture
      of #8 as the centerpiece, with appropriate lettering indicating
      its100th birthday, plus the date(s) for the First Annual Meeting. I
      wouldn't want to undertake this one without firm orders, though.

      Question 4: Wouldn't Gino's stylized Bullet Car design make a great
      limited-edition tee? Changing the heading to "FJ&G Bullet" makes the
      railroad name obvious. My stepson just had thee dozen done locally
      for his martial arts studio (3 colour) and selling them at $15
      each,his break even point was 19 shirts. The more colours, the
      higher the setup costs. We could do this on spec, offering it
      through the eGroup listing, Randy, Gino, and other outlets you can
      think of. Mail order would be an additional $4 or $5for P&H.

      Let me know what ya' think.

      TIA.

      Glenn
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic