4669Re:Northville in the 20th Century

  • Walt Danylak
    Jun 25, 2001
      --- In FJGRailroad@y..., skalbfel@i... wrote:
      How many of the trains running to Northville were mixed freight and
      passenger? What was a typical freight to Northville..2 cars, 5 cars,
      or more. Also, the long passing track at Cranberry Creek must have
      been for freight trains of lower standing to "go in the hole" or allow
      trains moving in opposite or the same direction to pass. That was the
      only long passing track between Gloversville and Northville.
      Saul

      Saul,

      Except during the Summer season, all trains to Northville were mixed.
      As to the size, I guess it would depend on how much freight was going
      to Northville. From the photos I've seen, most trains consisted of
      two passenger cars, one combine and one coach.

      Walt
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic