365Re: Sacandaga Reservoir construction

  • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
    Jan 1, 2000
      I had no idea that Mr Hees had part in the Dam Project. That sounds
      real fishy to me!

      Gino

      Gino, could you please forward that FJ&G was given $1,750,000 for losses due
      to the Sacandaga Reservoir construction, including $70,000 for Sacandaga
      Park. This according to a ledger book telling what each property holder was
      given when the reservoir was flooded. I was given opportunity to see the
      book a few years ago and copied this information from the book.

      An interesting look through the railroad's history will tell you that J.
      Ledlie Hees got into trouble because he was involved with both the electric
      interests that built the reservoir, and also involved with the railroad that
      the reservoir covered. He wrote a VERY lengthy letter to the board of
      directors of the FJ&G telling how this conflict of interest didn't affect
      his job at the railroad.