3Connection to FJ&G?

  • nellisc@xxxxxxxx.xxx
    Jul 4, 1999
      Would like to know how others of the group are related to the FJ&G? My Grandfather (Joram Nellis) was a conductor on the Northville Branch until its end when the Sacandaga Reservoir filled. My father worked at the Sacandaga Park during the 1920's era and rode the Northville Branch often. He regaled me with numerous FJ&G stories until his death a couple years ago - wish I had paid more attention and recorded them.

      Favorite story from a Leader - Republican (or Morning Herald) columnist was his title for the FJ&G - the Funny, Jumpy and Gruesome Railroad.

      Carl Nellis
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic