1769Re: [FJGRailroad] D&H Bridgeline

    Oct 8, 2000
      I know, he's not cheap. I was able to get the Lake George Steam Boat book
      from him a couple of years ago, but suffered for a while after. Glad I have
      it now. Made a commitment several years ago about never passing up
      something I "really" want. Some time in the early sixties I passed up a
      tall Rutland amber globe in a bell bottom lamp because the guy wanted $15 at
      a time when you could buy a NYWS&B for 3.50. Took me twenty years to find
      another I could buy or trade for. AN antique dealer friend and a postcard
      collector put it well to me one day when he was trying to sell me a high
      priced btbb Boston and Albany lamp - we agreed that the true collector
      learns to suffer for his hobby. He over looked the word "discriminating" so
      I left it. It didn't really matter.

      Even our wives can learn to suffer a bit going in, once they understand that
      some of these railroad investments are more rewarding in the long term than
      the market. Mediocrity however, will alway be mediocre.

      Paul

      >From: Gino DiCarlo <GDICARLO@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@egroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] D&H Bridgeline
      >Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2000 07:44:43 -0600
      >
      >Paul,
      >
      >Actually, Lyrical and Ballard had 2 copies the last time I was there. I
      >think they wanted $30 for it and I didn't have it...
      >
      >Gino

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic