15687Off-topic: Kellogg's Branch

  • Jason C
    Apr 29, 2014
      I know this isn't exactly FJ&G related but I'm not sure where else to ask about the Kellogg's Branch.

      Someone on a British message board that focuses on modeling US and Canadian railroads came across the Kellogg's Branch.  There's been an ongoing discussion trying to figure out exactly HOW CSX (and Conrail) switched FGI.  On the newer map on Gino's page, I spotted the note that says "2 cars @ a time" so I assume that is as simple as it seems; only 2 cars up or down the hill at a time.  Does anyone know the sequence of moves once the train gets to FGI?  Since there's no runaround, we're stumped as to how they handle switching up there.  Does FGI have a trackmobile or some sort of car mover?  Do they use a cable type car puller to move cars?  Would really love to hear from someone that actually worked this branch after it was cut back to FGI.

      Thank you,
      Jason Cook
      New Haven, IN
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic