15399RE: [FJGRailroad] #30 at Cargill, Denver, CO 1969

    Jul 10, 2012
      Gordon,  Hard to tell.  The Burlington Junction Ry No. 44 has been said to be the FJ&G 30  (nee WOD 47) however the serial numbers do not match.  FJ&G No. 30 was serial number 15051; the BJ, according to one on line source is 17864, ex USAX.  So some more digging is needed to verify where the 30 went after it left Colorado.  PAul Charland and Aaron Keler have done some searching on this critter.  Need to confirm via serial numbers.  I'll post if I can find anything more concrete, short of a road trip to Illinois or Iowa.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: gdavis4@...
      Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:05:45 -0400
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] #30 at Cargill, Denver, CO 1969

      Does it still exist?
      Gordon
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Nick
      Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 9:57 PM
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] #30 at Cargill, Denver, CO 1969

      I came across this image on eBay. I don't know if it has been posted here before. FJ&G #30 (44-tonner) is at Cargill in Denver Colorado in August 1969.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fonda-Johnstown-Gloversville-44T-30-8-x-10-Color-Photo-/320940046121?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab9847729

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic