15357Re: [FJGRailroad] Caboose #1

    Apr 19, 2012

      The Passumsic Railroad in Eastern Vermont.  They have an old steamer there that looks like a heck of a ride!

      On Apr 19, 2012 9:03 AM, "Gordon Davis" <gdavis4@...> wrote:

      Where is there?
      Gordon
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:19 AM
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Caboose #1

      Here's the equipment roster for The Passumpsic Railroad...

      LOCOMOTIVES
      NUMBER TYPE SERIAL No. BUILT RECEVED NOTES
      1 2 Truck Heisler 1468
      3 2 Truck Heisler 1415
      W3 GE 25 Ton Ex North Stratford W3.
      10 GE 44 Ton Ex Aroostook Valley 10.
      12 GE 44 Ton Ex Aroostook Valley 12.
      16 GE 44 Ton 27976 Ex Maine Central 16, Aroostook Valley 14.
      5214 Plymouth 5214 1993 Ex New England Power Co. (Fifteen Miles Falls RR)

      PASSENGER CARS
      NUMBER TYPE BUILT RECEVED NOTES
      3 Caboose Ex Fonda Johnstown & Gloversville 3.
      59 Caboose 1920 2012 Ex Rutland RR 81, 31, St Johnsbury & Lake Champlain 59.
      4013 Caboose 1910 1988 Ex Central Vermont 4013.
      Caboose 1921 Ex Boston & Maine 104620, Barre & Chelsea C3, Montpelier & Barre 25.
      Open AIr Ex Maine Central, Conway Scenic

      Maintenece of Way (MOW)
      NUMBER TYPE BUILT RECEVED NOTES
      21 Flanger Ex Vermont Railway 21, Steamtown 21.
      X104 Plow 1924 Ex Rutland X104, Green Mountain X104.
      Crain 1922 1993 Ex New England Power.
      Flanger 1994 Ex Maine Central.
      Plow Ex Aroostook Valley 1MW (Double ended plow made from a steple cab)

      FREIGHT CARS
      NUMBER TYPE BUILT RECEVED NOTES
      4578 Boxcar 2/1930 Ex Central Vermont
      27433 Tank 10/1929 2003 Ex UTLX, Wolfboro RR
      43030 Boxcar 7/1912 Ex Central Vermont
      57623 Flatcar
      Boxcar Ex Central Vermont, Lamoille Valley.
      Boxcar Ex Central Vermont, Suncook Valley.
      Boxcar 2004 Ex New Haven
      Boxcar 2003 Ex Central Vermont, Montpeiler & Barre, Washington County.
      Flatcar PASX has 4 Flatcars from Rock of Ages Ex Boston & Maine.
      Flatcar PASX has 3 flatcars from New England Power Co.
      Side Dump 1980’s Ex New England Power
      Tank 1990’s Ex Barrets.

      Wow, I want to go there!!!!

      Gino

      On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM, Paul Larner <pklarner@...> wrote:

      No. 1 went to Sandy Creek, subsequent disposition unknown off the top of my head.  I think I may have or have seen some photos of it at SC in very poor condition.

      No. 2 went to Shelburne Museum then to Dr. Kendal's restoration line at Passumpsic.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: fjgrailroad@...
      Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 18:52:39 -0400
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Caboose #1

      Hi guys,

      A guy who is related to the former owner of Rail City in Sandy Creek
      is writing a book about the place and he's trying to figure where all
      the equipment went to. He asked me if I knew where #1 went and if it
      went directly to the place from the FJ&G. Someone told him it went to
      Rail City from the Shelburne Museum. I don't know about that other
      then the fact that #2 was at the Shelburne Museum. We know where that
      caboose is now thank's to Paul finding it.

      I search through old messages and Andy Fusco posted something about
      the auction at Rail City in 1989. He said he saw #2 at the museum and
      that the person who owned #1 was buying #2 so they could restore it.

      Here's my question....Did #2 also make it's way to Sandy Creek or is
      Andy confusing her with #1? Also, did #1 ever go to the Shelburne
      Museum?

      That's all!

      http://fjgrr.org
      http://ginosrailpage.com