15286Re: [FJGRailroad] Scrapping No. 20 & 21

  • Mark Wilber
    Feb 15, 2012
      Yep and #6 brake,and also no dynamic braking.When applying the automatic,the air was so load that you couldnt hear anything until the air stopped blowing.
      From: Dean Splittgerber <deano12056@...>
      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:36 PM
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Scrapping No. 20 & 21

      And #6 brake.....
      On Feb 15, 2012 3:14 PM, "Mark Wilber" <mwilber2001@...> wrote:

      When I heard about the request about the 116 will be removed from the CACV,and the next time I came in contact with Walt and Joe Shynezcen (?),I asked about it. I was told by Joe that the 116 was a loaner until the CACV group find another locomotive.It was also agreed that the NYSW could take back the 116 was needed,but would give them amp time to replace it.I dont know if actually Walt own that,a guy name Del Button ,which was on the Board of Directors,was the owner when it first came on our property.If Walt loaned it from him,or given to Walt,or bought by Walt; no idea. I did thought the same thing about being used then put aside. Our union was putting great pressure on the company on not using. No hand railings,horn too loud,excessive exhaust,no toliets,not equipped with required arm rests.Engine was so loud,couldn't hear the radio.Just an unsafe unit to use for frieght service.