15048Re: More color

  • John
    Apr 8, 2011
      I compared that plow paint to that on FJG 202 and that plow in your shot is an ex Conrail. Differences are as follows

      1..That red stripe on back was on CR plows but not the FJG

      2..Black trim along top not on FJG plow

      3..FJG 202 had a full black cupola

      4..Windows are more modern then on 202

      5..Paints a darker yellow then 202 would be at this point. FJG used cheap paints

      I don't think the plow in that shot is scorched. I think its just rust. After the initial paintings at the start of Conrail I don't think they ever painted a plow. They get pretty rusty, not sure why. Did you see those B&M Russells Pan Am used out of East Deerfield this winter. The one was mostly rust and that is not much of an exageration. They had to spray paint reporting marks. To Pan Am's credit, they have repainted a bunch of MEC Russell plows.

      The 202 must have been scraped. It was pretty rough.

      John

      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Gino's Railpage" <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:

      > While on the DO subject. I saw a recent photo taken on the Tioga Central of
      > a former NYSW S2. That's not what caught my eye. Parked behind that engine
      > is a yellow, Russel snowplow that seems to have scorched paint. Is this the
      > former DO/FJG unit that was set on fire by vandals in Utica? I've asked
      > about the plow, but no one seems to know where it went...
      >
      > Gino
      >
      > Here's a link to the photo:
      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/numsom/5157381680/in/photostream/
      >
      > --