15034Re: slide and negative scanner

  • Glenn J. Williams
    Mar 23, 2011
      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...> wrote:

      > I need to buy a slide and negative scanner. Can I buy a device that does both? How much and who do I buy it from? Which model is best?
      >
      > You guys have always had good advice. Please send me your comments........

      Joe,

      That's like asking someone what car to buy. . . [wicked grin]

      How much do you want to spend? The better scanners cost much, much more.

      What size slides and negatives will you be scanning? This is a prime determinant. For example, I have lots of 4x5 and 2 1/4x3 1/4 negatives. That right there narrowed the field down for me.

      For the record, I have an HP Scanjet 8300, which is no longer made. It comes with bundled software, most of it PC-centric. Great results.

      If you're serious about good results, you will need to invest in Adobe's Photoshop Elements or similar post-processing software.

      Paul Larner has gone through all this, too, so he will have some additional insights.

      Glenn
      Penacook, NH
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic