14969Re: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Enginehouse?

    Feb 10 6:31 PM
      The Kellog's Branch gets service Monday, Weds. and Friday now.  I think an occassional Saturday too.

      Gino

      On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:50 PM, joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...> wrote:

      It used to be that the South Schenectady Switcher worked west to little Falls two days a week, the Cushing Branch as needed and made a move to the Rotterdam Industrial Park daily

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: fjgrailroad@...
      Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:39:28 -0500

      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Enginehouse?

      The Kellog's Branch is serviced by South Schenectady Yard these days.  I think they also serviced it in the old days, but Selkirk has been around for quite some time.Early 20's perhaps?

      Gino

      On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...> wrote:

      Hi Charlie,

      Thanks, working around the clock would render an enginehouse a little
      useless!

      While going through a 1911 Sanborn map I did come across a "water tower"
      just east of the switch that takes you either to Mohawk Carpets or the
      Canyon. I assume this might be a water column the same as the one off
      Morris Street... that leaves coal.

      All maps are more then welcome and very appreciated. Another neat
      project that I've never seen in person but is more then worth the effort
      of doing right.

      Paul :-)

      --
      http://fjgrr.org