14965Re: [FJGRailroad] Amsterdam Enginehouse?

    Feb 10, 2011
      The Kellog's Branch is serviced by South Schenectady Yard these days.  I think they also serviced it in the old days, but Selkirk has been around for quite some time.Early 20's perhaps?

      On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Paul Charland <p.charlie@...> wrote:

      Hi Charlie,

      Thanks, working around the clock would render an enginehouse a little

      While going through a 1911 Sanborn map I did come across a "water tower"
      just east of the switch that takes you either to Mohawk Carpets or the
      Canyon. I assume this might be a water column the same as the one off
      Morris Street... that leaves coal.

      All maps are more then welcome and very appreciated. Another neat
      project that I've never seen in person but is more then worth the effort
      of doing right.

      Paul :-)

      On 10/02/2011 6:28 PM, Charlie Vosburgh wrote:
      > Hello Paul; You might not find an engine house in Amsterdam as the
      > line in its hayday had 2 0-8-0 switchers working around the clock so
      > the need for one would be slim. That's according to the story of the
      > Kellogg branch by Jack Wright in the Central Headlight, fourth
      > quarter 1989. Also, I just contacted the NRHS in Utica about maps of
      > the Amsterdam area and they believe there are some and will look
      > further next week and let me know. If so, I will get copies made and
      > let you know. Charlie

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic