14952Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Amsterdam, NY

    Feb 5, 2011
      Hi Paul and Gino,

      The twenties might be a bit of a stretch as far as what's available for
      rolling stock and NYC steam that's available, but I'll have a look.
      Just checked ETT 100 and there is a full Electric Schedule there, geez
      they ran quite a few passenger runs on the electric line back then!

      Any idea what the NYC's bridge would have looked like, I take it the one
      that's there now was a replacement when they built the new Route 5.

      Paul :-)

      On 04/02/2011 11:03 PM, Paul Larner wrote:

      > Paul,
      >
      > The AC&N crossed over the FJ&G interurban line at the same location
      > it passes over Rte 5. With regard to the Vrooman Avenue segment of
      > the belt line, it was abandoned in 1928. I don't have any schematics
      > or vals. of the AC&N. Doing the line in the teens or twenties would
      > certainly show it at its busiest.
      >
      > Paul
      >

      > I'll see what I have. I pre-1940's version of the ACN would be
      > sweet. Business at the Carpet Mills and the Linseed factory would be
      > neat...
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic