14813Central New York Railroad - Utica Chenango and Susquehanna Valley LLC

    Sep 3, 2010
      This is more of a Delaware Otsego System message.

      A group purchased the former ROW of the Central New York Railroad about a year ago and plans to develop
      it for various uses.  One would be a rec trail, but the best use (get ready for this) is to build a narrow gage
      railroad on it.  You may say, no way, but they have purchased and engine and cars and have them stored on
      the former ROW at South Columbia.  Oh, the train they've purchased is from the former Frontier Town.

      The new railroad is called the Utica Chenango and Susquehanna Valley LLC and personally, I hope it
      works out.  I for one am looking for a ride over the CNYK and don't care if it is on a former amusement
      park train!

      If anyone is interested in more info on this endeavour, then here is the web-link...