      From: joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...>
      To: Fonda Johnstown <fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Mon, May 3, 2010 10:44:45 AM
      Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Alco Switcher - FJ&G Paint?

      For the record, because I seem to have thrown Aaron under the bus here, he asked me about painting the engine in an FJ&G livery. At that moment, I thought it was a good idea. Having been on the railroad yesterday I am painfully aware of what the management wants to do. The gist of that conversation is below.

      My apologies to my esteemed colleague for the unexplained change in gears.....

      To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: riverlinejoe@...
      Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 14:28:24 +0000

      I can tell you that the paint job on the engine is likely to stay a while. The engine, from what I have been told, is in out of the box condition.

      The RS-1 is in a NYC inspired livery with the lightening stripe. The 407 will not get repainted anytime soon and I would bet, with the plans to get the railroad operating from end to end, if it ever gets repainted it will match the 401.

      Plans are afoot to get 2361 into a matching livery and restore that unit to operating condition. I understand those two can be MUed.

      For you armchair railfans (I do not mean to insult anyone in particular, just everyone in general who has not picked up a spike maul or paintbrush) the task of painting is daunting.

      I have something on the order of 30 man days involved in the return to operation of our CV 40 foot flatcar. Scraping, cleaning, needlescaling, priming and painting are not for the faint of heart. Working in the outdoors under the beating sun can really wear you out. We are two or three days from completing the re-decking of the car and placing that car back in service.

      An FJ&G inspired scheme would be nice but it probably will not go on the 407.

      To: fjgrailroad@ yahoogroups. com
      From: pklarner@hotmail. com
      Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 00:46:16 -0400

      The issue with the CMRR is that its a former NYC line.  For historical integrity an NYC paint scheme would be the only proper paint scheme.  For CMRR they may want to choos a new scheme fit for their visioning, but why would they want to copy the FJ&G traction colors on an S1?

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
      From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
      Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 20:46:39 -0700

      The issue with the NYC scheme is that it's black... a photographer' s nightmare.

      The CMRR didn't paint its RS-1 in NYC colors but I don't know the reason why.