      Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 9:13 AM
      Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] A 'powerful' question

      When the Igham Mills station (East Creek EL&P) was put on line, 1912, the Tribes Hill plant began its service as an auxiliary power source..  Maintained and upgraded as necessary hydro power  from Ingham Mills provided the primary source.  East Creek supplied both the FJ&G system and their Edison EL&PCo. of Amsterdam subsidiary.  Notice the connection with the Edison companies who were influencial in the decision to construct the Cayadutta ERR.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
      From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
      Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:21:30 -0800

      One facet of the electrification saga which I know little about is the shutdown of Tribes Hill and the connection of the FJ&G to the Ighams Mills power project.  Has anyone gone very far in their research of this area?

      I believe a photo of Ingham's Mills was in the freight house safe when the building came down.  Maybe not.  I'm getting old and clearly feeble minded.