14175Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G boxcar (SB 918)

    Nov 20, 2009
      They've run some scenic trains this year, but you think they'll be moving freight again?

      Gino

      On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Mark Wilber <mwilber2001@...> wrote:

      Rumors has it that they may be opening up the line again on the LASB. We had to set off a caboose to them at Lackawaxen last week.

      From: joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...>
      To: Fonda Johnstown <fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thu, November 19, 2009 7:09:29 AM
      Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G boxcar (SB 918)

      Thats funny, I thought SB were the reporting marks for the South Brooklyn Railroad

      To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
      From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
      Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

      Several former LASB and FJG cars were transferred to the Stourbridge Railroad (SB reporting marks) when DO stopped operating that line.  DO never owned the LASB, they were just the designated operator.  The state or the counties owned the tracks.  SB came in and took over some of the equipment when it got designated operator status.  The cars were also renumbered when they received new reporting marks.

      Many of the SB cars were on a siding south of the Honesdale engine house in the mid-1990s, but they were gone when I went down there in 2002 or 2003.  Perhaps this was one of those cars.

      -Aaron

      From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
      Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

      According to Mark Jacob's roster, there should be 2 down in Kingston Yard.  Also, the numbering should

      be of the 153xxx, 5' boxcar series.

      Gino