13902Track Plan at Fonda

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Aug 1, 2009
      The FJ&G turntable in Fonda appears as photo #1 in the 1928 ICC survey file in our Files section. This was a hand operated table, pushed by the crew to turn an engine. I have the specs for this table in my partial file of the survey. It was there until the early or mid 1950's, I don't know for sure. I remember walking on it several times. Once the FJ&G steamers were gone, it was no longer used, since the ALCO switchers weren't turned. I don't know if #11 and 14 engines could be turned on that table either.
      Regards,
      Saul
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic